Artists are invited to submit work for the
“Art to Impress” exhibition in June.
You are invited to submit up to 3 works in any of the following media:
1) Etchings, lino-cuts, wood-cuts and similar press/print-related works, including digital prints and photographs
2) Limited edition prints of your own original artworks
Note: if you have etched plates, lino-cuts etc which need to be printed we have an etching press available for you to use – click here for details.
Selection: Friday 20 May. Please bring your artwork between 10h00 and 11h30. Your work must be labelled clearly with your name, the title of the work, the medium and your telephone/cell number. Selection will be completed by a panel appointed by the gallery owner, Di White. Artworks must be collected between 15h30 and 16h00 the same day, when you will be told whether your artwork has been selected.
Please let us know that you will be submitting work by emailing to email@example.com by Wednesday 18 May.
Hanging: Please bring your selected artwork on Friday 27 May between 10h30 and 12h30
Opening: Thursday 02 June at 18h00. Selected artists will be expected to supply a plate of snacks for the opening.
Exhibition closes: Thursday 30 June.
Hanging fee: R50,00 per work
- Entries may consist of etchings, lino-cuts, wood-cuts and similar press/print related works including digital prints and photographs. Limited Edition Prints of your own original artworks may also be submitted. There is no restriction on the size of a work.
- A maximum of three works may be submitted for selection. All work submitted for selection must be framed.
- Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work. You may submit work done in classes led by an art teacher, provided that you have the written permission of the teacher.
- No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other public electronic media will be accepted.
- Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
- You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected. Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
- All entries to the exhibition must be for sale. Bright Street Gallery will apply a 50% commission to all sales (example: if you price your work at R1000,00 the gallery will add R500,00 which will be taken as commission on the sale).
- If your work is selected you may also bring up to 4 portfolio works which must be covered in cellophane. Work done on paper must be neatly mounted. Stretched canvasses will not be accepted as portfolio work.
- To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from the top of the frame with cord attached, and the back of the work must be neat and secure. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep and the sides must be painted/suitably finished unless the print does not wrap around the sides of the canvas.
- The Bright Street Gallery reserves the right to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed/presented.