Artists are invited to submit artwork in any medium for Bright Street Gallery’s next exhibition.
Selection: Monday 18 July. Please bring your artwork between 10h00 and 12h00. Your work must be labelled clearly with your name, the title of the work, the medium and your telephone/cell number. Selection will be completed by a panel of three people appointed by the gallery owner, Di White. Artworks must be collected between 15h00 and 16h00 the same day, when you will be told whether your artwork has been selected.
Hanging: Please bring your selected artwork on Tuesday 26 July between 10h30 and 12h30
Opening: Friday 05 August at 18h00. Selected artists will be expected to supply a plate of food for the opening.
Exhibition closes: To be advised.
Hanging fee: R50,00 per work
“A relationship is a connection or association between people, things or ideas.”
- Entries may consist of work in any medium: oil, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, printmaking, drawing, photography, sculpture, ceramics or mixed media. There is no restriction on the size of a work. Artwork must be ‘exhibition ready’ – framed (where applicable) and ready to hang.
- A maximum of three (3) works may be submitted for selection.
- Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work. You may not submit work done in classes led by an art teacher, regardless of whether the art teacher has given permission.
- No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other public electronic media will be accepted.
- Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
- You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected. Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
- All entries to the exhibition must be for sale. Bright Street Gallery will apply a 50% commission to all sales (example: if you price your work at R1000,00 the gallery will add R500,00 which will be taken as commission on the sale).
- To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from the top of the frame with cord attached, and the back of the work must be neat. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep and the sides must be painted. The Bright Street Gallery reserves the right to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed or presented.