Artists are invited to submit artwork in any medium for Bright Street Gallery’s next exhibition. This is an exhibition of miniature paintings. The subject matter is unrestricted but submissions must comprise sets of 4 miniatures (up to 3 sets) the outer dimensions of which are all the same and preferably 20cm x 20cm.
Selection: Wednesday 20 September.
Please bring your artwork between 10h00 and 12h00. Your work must be labelled clearly with your name, the title of the work, the medium and your telephone/cell number.
Our selection will be completed by a panel of people appointed by gallery owner, Di White.
Artworks must be collected between 13h30 and 15h00 the same day, when you will be told whether your artwork has been selected.
Hanging: Please bring your artwork on Friday 13 October between 10h00 and 16h00
Opening: Friday 20 October at 18h30. Selected artists will be expected to supply a plate of food for the opening.
Closes: Friday 24 November 2017.
Hanging fee: R50,00 per set of 4 miniatures
- Entries may consist of work in any medium: oil, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, printmaking, drawing, photography, sculpture, ceramics or mixed media. Entries to comprise sets of 4 miniature paintings all of which should have the same outer dimensions when framed and preferably 20cm x 20cm. Artwork need not be framed for the selection, but it must be neatly presented.
- A maximum of three (3) sets of four (4) may be submitted for selection.
- Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work. You may not submit work done in classes led by an art teacher, regardless of whether the art teacher has given permission.
- No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other public electronic media will be accepted.
- Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
- You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected. Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
- All entries to the exhibition must befor sale. Bright Street Gallery will apply one-third commission to all sales (example: if you price your work at R1000,00 the gallery will add R500,00 which will be taken as commission on the sale).
- To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from the top of the frame with cord attached and the back of the work must be neat. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep and the sides must be painted. The Bright Street Gallery reserves the right to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed or presented