“I am influenced by nature and my love for nature is reflected in my artworks” – Antoinette Schoeman
I always work from my own reference material but do not use the reference material as a crutch. Nature always amasses me and inspire me to do my own interpretation and challenge the spectator to give their own interpretation. I start painting immediately, covering my canvas with shades of blue, add some textured, dripping paint till I fee the canvas is ready to ‘talk to me’and lift out the images form the canvas without sketching or copying – totally tree interpretation and wait for the
painting to ‘speak to me’. Due to my academic background I embrace the Elements of Art and set high standards on well-executed balanced art work.
I only use artist qualilty canvasses and Artists quality paint – Winsor and Newton and Daler Rowney
Antoinette Schoeman – 31 January 1947
- 1967 Pretoria College of Education – Specialise Art and Afrikaans.
- 1968 Art Teacher Helpmekaar Boys in Johannesburg.
- 1969 Art Teacher F H Odendaal Pretoria
- 1971 Art Teacher Helpmekaar Girls School – enrolled Fine Arts at Unisa
- 1971 Was appointed head of Department Cultural Subjects
- 1976 Moved to Bloemfontein – lecturer Free State Technicon
- 1977 Moved to Durban – Art Teacher Cambridge College
1978 Moved to Johannesburg was appointed at Helpmekaar Girls
- 1981 Started teaching at Se La Salle College. 1 0 years.
- 1991 Joined Berol Art Materials and was appointed Marketing Manager South Africa, trained teachers for Department of Education.
- 1993 Opened Scola Quip – supplied art materials to schools and continue art teacher training for Department of Education and for my own company.
- 1994 – 201 8 – Regular art exhibitions at my home – organised by Coetzee Roux
- 2018 Moved to Rooiels to retire and paint.