“My son in law took a beautiful photo of the picturesque Hangklip Mountain here in Pringle Bay and I instantly knew that I had to paint this pic. After finishing it he offered to buy it from me. I had already committed the painting to be marketed by Bright Street Gallery.” – Artist, Doug Phillips
The online showcase has been the most viewed post on our website with 1980 views just in the last week!
Therefore Bright Street Gallery will be extending the exhibition till the end of June 2020.
The gallery is open from Tuesday to Friday 09h30 – 16h00 or view the Essence of the Cape – online catalogue online.
How to place a bid in the Essence of the Cape online auction on 28-31st May 2020:
- Click on the Showcase – online catalogue tab on our website to view the Essence of the Cape – group exhibition online catalogue
- Click on the photo of the artwork and type the amount you would like to bid in the comment window below the artwork.
- Bids must be higher than the reserve price, this is the price listed in caption above the comment window. Your bid must be higher than that of the previous bidder by at least R50, to qualify as new bid.
- The Auction starts at 12h00 midday Thursday 28 May 2020 and ends at 12h00 midday on Sunday 31st of May 2020.
- Please contact the Gallery with any queries or if you would like the gallery to assist you in the bidding process. Email us at email@example.com
- Price excludes postage. Postage or door-to-door courier can be arranged by the gallery at additional cost.
- Please note: Sometimes more than 1 person will bid at the same time, so after placing your bid refresh the page to see that your bid is indeed the highest bid.
- If you don’t intend to buy the item, Please refrain from taking part in the auction. On Monday 1st of June 2020 all winning bidders will be notified and payment procedure will be communicated. NB Payment due within 48 hours after auction ends.
If you want to place a bid through the Gallery click on the button below and email the details of the work and your bid.
Due to the nation-wide lockdown, Bright Street Gallery will be closed for 21 Days. The good news is, we are open online, click the links below:
Over the next weeks, the Essence of the Cape group exhibition online catalogue will be available to view on our website.
Bright Street Gallery thanks you for your continued support and wish you and your loved one’s health and safety in these turbulent times.
Do you want to be part of our first group exhibition of 2020? The theme is “Summertime”. What defines summertime in South Africa for you as an artist?
Over much of South Africa, summer (mid-October to mid-February) is characterized by hot, sunny weather – often with afternoon thunderstorms that clear quickly, leaving a warm, earthy, uniquely African smell in the air.
The Western Cape, with its Mediterranean climate, is the exception, getting its rain in winter.
To take part in the selection email a picture of your artwork with “Summertime” as the theme to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Wednesday 15 January 2020. Or bring your artwork to Bright Street Gallery on Wednesday 15 January 2020, between 10h00-12h00, artwork can be collected at 14h00 on the same day, after selection.