Participating artist include: Shannon Philips, Melinda Brummer, Connie Blomerus-Heese, Alison Guy, Alisa Farr, Cornelia Alberts, Merissa Slingerland, Belita Burger, Andrew Mokgatla, Laurette van der Merwe, Diane White, Xenia Hulme, Isabella Visagie, Ronni Mileham
RULES AND PROCEDURE:
• HOW TO BID:
- Click to Follow the link to our Bright Street Gallery – Live online Art Auction.
- Click on the photo of the artwork and type the amount you would like to bid in the comment section below the artwork.
- Bids must be higher than the reserve price. Your bid must be higher than that of the previous bidder by at least R50, to qualify as new bid.
- The Auction starts at 12pm on Friday 2 August 2019 and ends strictly at 12pm on Sunday 4 August 2019.
- Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Contact the Gallery on 021 851 2520 or email at email@example.com
- Price excludes postage. Postage or door-to-door courier can be arranged by the gallery at additional cost. Please note: Sometimes more than 1 person will bid at the same time, so after placing your bid refresh the page to see that your bid is indeed the highest bid.
- If you don’t intend to buy the item, Please refrain from taking part in the auction. On Monday 5 August all winning bidders will be notified and payment procedure will be communicated. NB: Payment strictly within 48 hours after auction ends.
If you want to place a bid through the Gallery click on the button above and email the details of the work and your bid.
Laurette van der Merwe
Renowned artist, Penny Steynor FSASA, will be giving a workshop in pastels here at the gallery on Saturday 14 October from 10:00 to 15:00.
Penny will guide you stage by stage to create a beautiful seascape using one of Penny’s photographs. Next she will help you create another painting from your own reference photo of a seascape (or from a seascape photo which Penny will provide).
A list of materials will be available shortly.
Tea and coffee will be provided, but please bring your own lunch.
R375.00 payable in advance will secure your place.
For more information or to book please phone Chris or Di on 021 851 2520 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tangla is an art form based on the globally known method of tangling. It may look like doodling but Tangling is conscious, structured drawing which takes you into a calm and peaceful state where you relax, focus and concentrate. It can be done anywhere and at any time.
Anja will help you produce beautiful work that you would never have believed you could do.
Lessons will be held on Thursdays on our workshop room behind the gallery, commencing on Thursday 18 May.
Sign up for the following:
Introductory session: 09h00 – 11h00
including tangling pen, paper, templates and information pack, R250
Beginner course: 12h00 – 14h00
3 lessons once a week over 3 weeks
includes starter kit of basic materials, R200 per lesson (R600 total).
For more info or to book your place
– call Anja on 082 571 3848 or email to email@example.com
– or pop into the gallery weekday mornings.
Here is an example of the work you can create. This was competed by a student after just three lessons so you can see how quickly you can pick the techniques up.
See more on Anja’s facebook page
Our resident artist, Kathy Wivell is starting up two new classes for the new year.