Water & Wetlands Exhibition
Artworks must be collected between 14h00 and 15h00 the same day when you will be told whether your artwork has been selected.There is no entry fee for selection
If selected for exhibition a hanging fee of: R 50. 00 per work applies.
Selected artists will be expected to supply a plate of food for the Opening on FRIDAY 24 August 2018
1. Entries on each of the themes may consist of work in any medium: oil,
watercolour, pastel, acrylic, printmaking, drawing, photography, digital,
sculpture, ceramics or mixed media. There is no restriction on the size of
a work. Artwork need not be framed for the selection, but it must be
2. A maximum of three (3) works may be submitted for selection.
3. Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work.
You may not submit work done in classes led by an art teacher,
regardless of whether the art teacher has given permission.
4. No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other
public electronic media will be accepted.
5. Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
6. You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work
from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author
of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that
plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected.
Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
7. All entries to the exhibition must before sale. Bright Street Gallery will
apply one-third commission to all sales (example: if you price your work
at R 1000. 00 the gallery will add R 500. 00 which will be taken as
commission on the sale).
8. To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from
the top of the frame with cord attached and the back of the work
must be neat. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep
and the sides must be painted. Bright Street Gallery reserves the right
to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed or presented.
9. If you need any form of electronic equipment to present
or display your art, it must be supplied by you.
We look forward to seeing your work!
Our Previous Exhibitions:
African Colours Exhibition
13 April – 1 June 2018
View photos of the opening – click here
01 December 2017 – 19 January 2018
Have a look – click here
20 October – 24 November 2017
10 – 13 October 2017
01 September – 06 October 2017
21 July – 25 August 2017
05 May – 14 July 2017
03 March – 21 April 2017
Nora Sturrock – Solo Exhibition
10-24 February 2017
To view the exhibition: click here
with gemstone jewellery by Shelley Taylor Designs
and ceramic pendants by Sue Howard
Art to ImPress
To view photos of the opening – click here
To view photos of some of the artwork – click here