Eye of the Beholder Exhibition
Join us for the opening of Eye of the Beholder Exhibition on 12 August 2018 at 18h30
Leonie E Brown, Alan & Anne Raubenheimer, Melanie Meyer, Laurette van der Merwe, Petro Farr, Aviva Dodson, Danielle Martijn, Diane White, Bella Gebers, Marusa Mason, Hein Reinders, Cornelie Wolff, Ravalle Beaton, Irmel Dunaisla, Karin Kruger, Stella Pelser, Belita Burger, Vernon Fourie, Ann Selbach, Karen Litson, Aiden Taillard, Sanet Visser
In conjunction with Eye of the Beholder Group exhibition
a Mini Solo exhibition by
Encaustic Artist Leonie E Brown
Opening is at 18h30 on
12 October exhibition on till
16 November 2018
Call For Submissions:
Call of the Wild exhibition- Selection Day 10 October 2018 or Submit online!
- Bring your work to Bright Street Gallery on 10 October 2018 between 10 and 12 O’clock,
- Collect your work on 10 October between 2 and 3 O’clock, where upon you will be told if your work was selected.
- Alternatively submit online before or on 10 October email us at email@example.com
- Your work must be labelled clearly with your name, the title of the work, the medium and your telephone/cell number. Selection will be completed by a panel of three people appointed by the gallery owner, Di White.
- There is no entry fee for selection
- If selected for exhibition a hanging fees: R 50. 00 per work applies.
- Selected artists will be expected to supply a plate of food for the Opening on FRIDAY 23 November 2018
- Entries on each of the themes may consist of work in any medium: oil, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, printmaking, drawing, photography, digital, sculpture, ceramics or mixed media. There is no restriction on the size of a work. Artwork need not be framed for the selection, but it must be neatly presented.
- A maximum of three (3) works may be submitted for selection.
- Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work. You may not submit work done in classes led by an art teacher, regardless of whether the art teacher has given permission.
- No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other public electronic media will be accepted.
- Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
- You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that Plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected. Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
- All entries to the exhibition must before sale. Bright Street Gallery will apply one-thirdcommission to all sales (example: if you price your work at R 1000. 00 the gallery will add R 500. 00 which will be taken as commission on the sale).
- To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from the top of the frame with cord attached and the back of the work must be neat. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep and the sides must be painted. BrightStreet Gallery reserves the right to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed or presented.
- If you need any form of electronic equipment to present or display your art, it must be supplied by you
Water & Wetland exhibition
A Group exhibition by selected contemporary artist
24 August 2018 till 5 October 2018
Featuring mini Solo exhibition by Ann Raubenheimer
Friday 24 August 2018 Water & Wetlands exhibition was opened by guest speaker Chris Martens of the Fynbos Trust. Thank you to everyone that joined us for the exhibition!
The Helderberg Photographic Society Exhibition 14-17August 2018
Carol Norvall Group Winter exhibition 27 July – 8 August 2018
Graphic & Digital Featuring Mike Chisin Solo exhibition 8 June- 20 July 2018:
Graphic & Digital Art Exhibition was opened by our special guest speaker and artist – Fawa Conradie.
In the foyer, designer and artist – Mike Chisin is our featured artist with a mini Solo exhibition – Whose curiosity in uncovering new ways to the art of visual expression, led him on a journey from movie sets to lecturing young design students
Bright Street Gallery is also showcasing an exhibition by Chantal Evenar and the kids of Studio Art.
African Colours Exhibition
13 April – 1 June 2018
View photos of the opening – click here
01 December 2017 – 19 January 2018
Have a look – click here
20 October – 24 November 2017
10 – 13 October 2017
01 September – 06 October 2017
21 July – 25 August 2017
05 May – 14 July 2017
03 March – 21 April 2017
Nora Sturrock – Solo Exhibition
10-24 February 2017
To view the exhibition: click here
with gemstone jewellery by Shelley Taylor Designs
and ceramic pendants by Sue Howard
Art to ImPress
To view photos of the opening – click here
To view photos of some of the artwork – click here