Group Exhibition by Selected Artists
We have extended the online submission date till 25 October 2019.
“The art of art, the glory of expression, and the sunshine of the light of letters, is simplicity.”
– Walt Whitman
“Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.”
– Leonardo da Vinci
How to take part in Simplicity Group exhibition:
Option 1. Email us your submissions to email@example.com
Option 2. Bring your artwork to Bright Street Gallery on Selection day between 10h00-12h00.
“Beauty of style and harmony and grace and good rhythm depend on simplicity.”
Participating artist include: Shannon Philips, Melinda Brummer, Connie Blomerus-Heese, Alison Guy, Alisa Farr, Cornelia Alberts, Merissa Slingerland, Belita Burger, Andrew Mokgatla, Laurette van der Merwe, Diane White, Xenia Hulme, Isabella Visagie, Ronni Mileham
RULES AND PROCEDURE:
• HOW TO BID:
- Click to Follow the link to our Bright Street Gallery – Live online Art Auction.
- Click on the photo of the artwork and type the amount you would like to bid in the comment section below the artwork.
- Bids must be higher than the reserve price. Your bid must be higher than that of the previous bidder by at least R50, to qualify as new bid.
- The Auction starts at 12pm on Friday 2 August 2019 and ends strictly at 12pm on Sunday 4 August 2019.
- Please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Contact the Gallery on 021 851 2520 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price excludes postage. Postage or door-to-door courier can be arranged by the gallery at additional cost. Please note: Sometimes more than 1 person will bid at the same time, so after placing your bid refresh the page to see that your bid is indeed the highest bid.
- If you don’t intend to buy the item, Please refrain from taking part in the auction. On Monday 5 August all winning bidders will be notified and payment procedure will be communicated. NB: Payment strictly within 48 hours after auction ends.
If you want to place a bid through the Gallery click on the button above and email the details of the work and your bid.
Laurette van der Merwe
How to submit your artwork:
- Email your submissions to email@example.com before
17 July 2019
- Bring your artwork with New Beginning theme to the gallery on
17 July 2019 between 10h00-12h00 and collect after 14h00.
Rules of exhibtion and info for artist:
Rules for entry
Entries may consist of work in any medium: oil, watercolour, pastel, acrylic, printmaking, drawing, photography, sculpture, ceramics or mixed media. There is no restriction on the size of a work.
- A maximum of three (3) works may be submitted for selection.
- Entries must be your own original, handmade, unaided work. You may not submit work done in classes led by an art teacher, regardless of whether the art teacher has given permission.
- No images that are taken from the internet, television, film or other public electronic media will be accepted.
- Reproductions of any other artist’s work will not be accepted.
- You must either own the copyright to any photographic images you work from, or provide written proof that you have the permission of the author of the source material to use it in your work. Please be aware that plagiarism is a criminal offence, and that intellectual property is protected. Bear in mind that copyright rules exist for your own protection.
- All entries to the exhibition must be for sale. Bright Street Gallery will apply a third commission to all sales (example: if your artist price is R1000, the gallery will add R500 commission as sell your artwork at R1500 as the gallery price.
- To facilitate hanging, screw eyes must be fixed 20% of the way from the top of the frame with cord attached, and the back of the work must be neat. Boxed canvasses must be no less than 3 cm deep and the sides must be painted.
- The Bright Street Gallery reserves the right to reject any items it considers unacceptably framed/presented.
Information for artists
- Selection Day for artworks is Wednesday 17 July 2019. Bring your Artworks to Bright Street Gallery (33 Bright St, Somerset West) from 10h00-12h00 on this day. Work can be collected again after 14h00 on the same day
- If your work is selected, it needs to be returned to the gallery on Hanging day, 23 August 2019. Hanging fee of R50,00 per painting is payable on this day.
- The exhibition runs from 30 August – 27 September 2019.
- The Opening is at 18h30 on Friday 30 August 2019 – Selected artists must please bring a plate of snacks for the opening.
- After the exhibition, please collect your paintings on 27 September 2019 between 10h00 and 12h00, or arrange an alternative with the gallery.