Do you want to be part of our first group exhibition of 2020? The theme is “Summertime”. What defines summertime in South Africa for you as an artist?
Over much of South Africa, summer (mid-October to mid-February) is characterized by hot, sunny weather – often with afternoon thunderstorms that clear quickly, leaving a warm, earthy, uniquely African smell in the air.
The Western Cape, with its Mediterranean climate, is the exception, getting its rain in winter.
To take part in the selection email a picture of your artwork with “Summertime” as the theme to firstname.lastname@example.org before or on Wednesday 15 January 2020. Or bring your artwork to Bright Street Gallery on Wednesday 15 January 2020, between 10h00-12h00, artwork can be collected at 14h00 on the same day, after selection.
• HOW TO BID: Click on the photo of the artwork and type the amount you would like to bid in the comment section. Bids must be higher than the reserve price. Your bid must be higher than that of the previous bidder by at least R50, to qualify as new bid.
• The Auction starts at 12pm on Friday 28 June 2019 and ends strictly at 12pm on Sunday 30 June 2019.
• If the auction ends and 2 or more bidders have bid the same highest amount within the last few seconds of the auction, we will then go into sudden death. (we will explain the rules at such a time)
• Please place your bids in the comments section below.
• All the best and please feel free to ask if you have any questions. Contact the Gallery on 021 851 2520 or email at email@example.com
• Price excludes postage. Postage or door-to-door courier can be arranged by the gallery at additional cost.
Please note: Sometimes more than 1 person will bid at the same time, so after placing your bid refresh the page to see that your bid is indeed the highest bid. If you don’t intend to buy the item, Please refrain from taking part in the auction…..Thank You.
NB: Payment strictly within 24 hours after auction ends, please.
Some pics of the artists enjoying working on their sculptures under Gerda’s skilled and practised hand. All the participants agreed that this was an excellent workshop and the resulting sculptures were very satisfying!